Psychological Warfare and PSYOP

Leaflet Archive

Random PSYOP leaflet - You see, Adolf, you were not smarter…

Recent Forum Posts

New Information about Axis Sally

25 JULY 2017 | ARTICLES
Share on Facebook
Tweet
Google +1
Linkedin
Email

Author Topic: New Information about Axis Sally  (Read 6647 times)

Offline Roger Tidy

New Information about Axis Sally
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:16:50 AM »
A lot has been written recently about Mildred Gillars, better known as the World War 11 radio propagandist and traitor Axis Sally.  I should like to point out, however, that Gillars was not the only 'Sally'. In my new book, "Hitler's Radio War" I use material discovered in the UK's National Archives to show that there was another notorious "Axis Sally" broadcasting, first,
for the Italians and, following their withdrawal from the war, for the Germans.  Her name was Rita Zucca, from New York, who was imprisoned after the war by the Italians.  The capture and trial of Rita Zucca was covered in the US press in 1945 but, since then - with some exceptions - she has been forgotten.  My book also has a chapter about Mildred Gillars and other radio traitors such as Lord Haw-Haw. It also looks in detail at Nazi overt and clandestine broadcasts to various countries and the effect that they had on their audiences.  The book covers 240 pages, plus photos (not 30 pages as wrongly stated on Amazon!!) and is published in London by Hale Books Ltd. (www.halebooks.com). I should be happy to hear from anyone who reads my book.  Roger Tidy

Offline der Chef

• Administrator
  • Archive monkey
    • PsyWar.Org - Psychological Warfare and PSYOP
Re: New Information about Axis Sally
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »
Ah that answers my question in the other thread about the number of pages. I knew 30 pages could not have been correct!

A lot has been written recently about Mildred Gillars, better known as the World War 11 radio propagandist and traitor Axis Sally.  I should like to point out, however, that Gillars was not the only 'Sally'. In my new book, "Hitler's Radio War" I use material discovered in the UK's National Archives to show that there was another notorious "Axis Sally" broadcasting, first,
for the Italians and, following their withdrawal from the war, for the Germans.  Her name was Rita Zucca, from New York, who was imprisoned after the war by the Italians.  The capture and trial of Rita Zucca was covered in the US press in 1945 but, since then - with some exceptions - she has been forgotten.  My book also has a chapter about Mildred Gillars and other radio traitors such as Lord Haw-Haw. It also looks in detail at Nazi overt and clandestine broadcasts to various countries and the effect that they had on their audiences.  The book covers 240 pages, plus photos (not 30 pages as wrongly stated on Amazon!!) and is published in London by Hale Books Ltd. (www.halebooks.com). I should be happy to hear from anyone who reads my book.  Roger Tidy
Lee
der Chef
www.psywar.org

Featured Articles

Main Topics

About Us

PsyWar.Org (tm), (c)1997-2017, Lee Richards

©1997-2017, Unless otherwise acknowledged, all articles, design, graphics, logos and other content, are the copyright of Lee Richards and cannot be reproduced without permission. Crown Copyright material reproduced under terms of the Open Government License.

www.psywar.org