Psychological Warfare and PSYOP

Leaflet Archive

Random PSYOP leaflet - WE OWE THIS TO THE FÜHRER: TERROR AND DESTRUCTION EVERYWHERE!

Recent Forum Posts

Falkland's war

23 MAY 2017 | ARTICLES
Share on Facebook
Tweet
Google +1
Linkedin
Email

Author Topic: Falkland's war  (Read 5090 times)

Offline alejomdiaz

Falkland's war
« on: September 26, 2015, 02:42:19 PM »
During the Falkland´s war, some combat rations box  had in their pamphlets inside as having been packaged by "Argentine hands," demonstrating the support of the civilian population to war.
I want to know if this kind of messages can be considered as part of psychological warfare and if there were similar cases of delivery leaflets "in hand" in others conflicts.
Thanks

Offline Bertf

Re: Falkland's war
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 01:18:28 PM »
I don't think so. To really be propaganda it should be authorized and supported by the government. Postcard collectors have propaganda which was prepared by one government for use against another, and then they have patriotic cards, which are just prepared to help the morale of their own people. I would certainly collect this item and add it to my Falklands collection, but not so much as propaganda as "patriotic note prepared by an Argentinian civilian to booster the morale of a soldier at the front." I love the note.

During the Falkland´s war, some combat rations box  had in their pamphlets inside as having been packaged by "Argentine hands," demonstrating the support of the civilian population to war.
I want to know if this kind of messages can be considered as part of psychological warfare and if there were similar cases of delivery leaflets "in hand" in others conflicts.
Thanks

Featured Articles

Main Topics

About Us

PsyWar.Org (tm), (c)1997-2017, Lee Richards

©1997-2017, Unless otherwise acknowledged, all articles, design, graphics, logos and other content, are the copyright of Lee Richards and cannot be reproduced without permission. Crown Copyright material reproduced under terms of the Open Government License.

www.psywar.org